Brazil Nut Pie
A family recipe that you’ll love!
Serving 12 Slices
- 300 g (10.58 oz) Brazil nuts crushed in a kitchen processor
- 3 narrowed cups of sugar
- 4 tablespoons of bread crumbs
- 12 eggs
Baba de Moça:
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- Drops of vanilla
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 small bottle of Coconut milk.
- Beat egg whites stiff. Add yolks without the membrane, one by one (as for sponge cake), then add sugar little by little.
- Stop beating and whisk the bread crumbs and the crushed Brazil nuts.
- Bake in two greased baking sheets or equal molds, and sprinkle bread crumbs on them.
- Preheat oven at 200°C (392 °F) and bake.
- When the toothstick test comes out dry, get the cakes out of the mold and fill them with “baba-de-moça”.
In the meanwhile, prepare the Baba de Moça:
- Put the sugar, the water and the vanilla on a saucepan and cook until thread stage.
- Settle aside to cool down.
- Then add the egg yolks (lightly beaten with the butter) and the coconut milk.
- Cook again until thickening without boiling.
- Put aside and add the remaining half of the cake, spread some baba-de-moça and decorate with whipped cream, and toasted and crushed Brazil nuts on top and side.
Superb dessert to eat with loads of whipped cream!